The crown and the root make up the majority of the tooth. The invisible part of a tooth is the root, which is located below the gum line. There is bone surrounding the root, and the root itself is protected by healthy gum tissue. Endodontic therapy, often known as root canal therapy, is a treatment for infected tooth pulp that aims to both eradicate infection and preserve the tooth. The infected pulp in your tooth can be removed by our team, restoring health to your tooth.
Tooth decay can lead to pulp infection if the infection penetrates deep enough into the tooth. This allows bacteria to enter the pulp of the tooth. Blood vessels and nerve cells can be found in the pulp chamber. If the pulp becomes infected, it may be necessary to either treat it or remove it to stop the infection from spreading to the root and supporting structure. The infected tooth can be saved with a root canal. Visit an expert dentist in Diamond Bar, CA.
In order to save the patient’s native tooth, the endodontist may conduct a partial pulpotomy if the infection appears to be treatable. If the infection is very serious and root canal therapy has been tried multiple times without success, surgical extraction of the tooth will be necessary.
Root canal treatment in broad strokes
- In order to assess the health of the pulp and the tooth, endodontists use radiographs.
- The tooth’s condition and the severity of the infection inform the treatment plan.
- Numbing your tooth with a local anesthetic before removing the infected pulp is done so you don’t feel anything during the procedure.
- The endodontist will numb the tooth and then place a dental dam over it to isolate it and prevent saliva from getting into the area.
For the purpose of disinfecting the infected pulp chamber, a tiny device is used to make a hole in the crown. Once the area has been cleaned thoroughly, a biocompatible material will be used to fill the root canals. After the root canal is filled and sealed, the tooth can then function normally again.
Root canal treatment’s benefits:
- A tooth with a significant cavity can be saved with a simple surgery.
- Instead of having a diseased tooth pulled, this method can save it.
- You will feel better and look better after getting your teeth whitened.
- It might make you feel better about yourself and aid you in taking care of your teeth.